WBBM-AM News Radio is looking for a dynamic and talented professionsl to work as a traffic reporter/editor for Traffic Team. Editor duties include: gather, write, and select traffic stories to run in radio traffic reports, over the air, on line, and on social media platforms. Supervise all traffic operations assets the production, writing, and presentation of traffic reports and digital content. Must plan and prepare for upcoming traffic coverage for planned traffic events, as well as unplanned traffic events.
What You'll Do:
- voicing traffic reports on Audacy stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms
- gathering, writing, recording, editing, and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Audacy Inc.
- monitoring of traffic gathering assets (ie: traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, etc)
- post, edit and manage traffic information to Audacy social media accounts (ie: Twitter, etc)
- provide live reads of traffic sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
- make station appearances as needed
- other duties as required by management
- position offers AFTRA benefits and applicant must be willing to join SAG AFTRA union
-A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of motor vehicle record check/ proof of automobile insurance
- Knowledge of Chicago & Detroit area and traffic geography
- Minimum of 2 year traffic or news reporting for broadcast media
- Must be computer literate, and have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Must be helpful in traffic gathering operation
- Knowledge of the broadcast area geography and transportation systems is essential
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.