The WBBM-AM Traffic Center is looking for a dynamic and talented professional to work in a fast paced environment as a traffic producer/reporter. Producer duties include: gather, write, and select traffic information to run in on-air radio traffic reports, on line, and on social media platforms. Be able to manage multiple scanner frequencies, digital platforms, & maps for the production, writing, and presentation of traffic reports and digital content. Reporter duties may include sports reporting.
What You'll Do:
- gathering, writing, recording, editing, and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Audacy Inc.
- monitoring of traffic gathering assets (ie: traffic camera imagery, scanner listening, etc)
- post, edit and manage traffic information to Audacy social media accounts (ie: Twitter, etc)
- voicing traffic reports on Audacy stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms
- provide live reads of traffic sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
- other duties as required by management
- position offers AFTRA benefits and applicant must be willing to join SAG AFTRA union
-A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of motor vehicle record check/ proof of automobile insurance
- Demonstrate knowledge of Chicago area and traffic geography
- Minimum of 2 year traffic, news, and/or sports reporting for broadcast media
- Must be computer literate, and have excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to gather traffic information is a must
- Knowledge of the broadcast area geography and transportation systems is essential
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.