Audacy is looking for an innovative, results-oriented and passionate Senior Android Developer to join our Engineering team. We are looking for the right individual to bring their architecture, design and coding skills to our Android-based streaming applications (mobile and automotive) in order to build the features and capabilities of our mobile app while iterating on the quality improvements and defect resolutions that our users deserve.
The candidate will be responsible for playing a visible senior-level role throughout the software development lifecycle, from kickoff through delivery, and will work in tandem with members of various teams (architecture, backend development, project management, and other client platforms, like iOS) to represent the Android platform on cross-functional projects, ensuring that we deliver quality features with parity. Our teams leverage agile principles and we expect our senior-level engineers to provide technical input during grooming and backlog organization ceremonies, as well as provide informal mentoring to more junior team members throughout the year when opportunities arise. The candidate will also work with mobile team management to keep an eye on the platform-specific improvements and deprecations needed for a world-class Android application experience.
Hiring Range : $130,000 - $140,000. Also, the salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
Audacy offers full time employees with a comprehensive benefits package to include: health care coordinator, medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, disability, life insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, paid time off (sick, vacation, personal, parental, volunteer), 401(k) retirement plan, discounted employee stock purchase, student loan payment assistance program, legal assistance, life assistance program, identity theft protection, discounted home and auto insurance, and pet insurance.
What You'll Do:
● Deliver a high quality, stable listening experience to our Audacy application users
● Lead in architecting, designing and developing new features in accordance with our product roadmap
● Exercise leadership in technical design & code quality, including advocating for the highest priority defect resolutions and app stability improvements
● Ensure that our audio playback experience is built on the most efficient and bullet-proof code possible
● Follow Android coding best-practices and provide feedback on pull-requests
● Mentor junior engineers
● Follow agile/continuous integration engineering best practices
More About You:
Required and Preferred:
● 4-6 years experience developing native Android applications
● Experience with Kotlin (90%) and Java (10%)
● Experience working with React Native or similar hybrid app development framework a plus, especially if combined with native Android code layers
● Experience with other Android platforms (like Automotive or TV) a plus
● Experience on applications that leverage web services for backing data
● Experience with crash reporting and application logging solutions
● Familiarity with testing frameworks like JUnit
● Experience integrating with third-party libraries and APIs
● Shipped Production-quality Android applications
● Experience with Mobile Audio/Video Playback - HLS experience a plus
● Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
● Experience with TDD, familiarity with Quick/Nimble
● Understanding of in-app advertising & analytics
To help promote and ensure the safety of all of our employees and the communities we serve, we require all incoming employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, which will be kept confidential. If you are not vaccinated, or partially vaccinated currently, but willing to become fully vaccinated, we invite you to still apply.
Audacy is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment for all and we recognize that some individuals may have a sincerely held religious belief as it pertains to the practice of immunization or a medical disability which may prevent them from becoming vaccinated. Individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated due to a sincere religious belief or medical disability may request an accommodation. We request that you refrain from discussing religious beliefs or medical conditions during the interview process. If you believe you need an accommodation, you will have an opportunity to submit your request during the interview process. All requests for accommodation will remain confidential and reviewed by selected individuals within the HR department. We cannot guarantee that all requests for accommodation will be granted. Please refer to our EEO policy and statement below.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.